Thursday 6 September 2018

CQ18 - Day 5 - a restful day indeed

Ah the bliss of not having to put my bruised and battered butt on my minimalist seat today!

This rest day was sorely needed.  I had a lovely breakfast of French toast with banana and maple syrup, and snagged a PowerPoint in the dining hall where I sat and watched 10 webinars ready for next week's ITU Triathlon Grand Finals on the Gold Coast.  I now have a much better understanding of the basics of the para-triathlete rules and can’t wait to see them in action on course.

Mid morning I walked into town and explored the Crystal Caves, the local shops and partook in a pie at the local bakery that is not on Main St ( that one is a Brumby’s so I don’t consider it local so much as cookie cutter franchise).  I may have also had a sneaky bee sting there too - but the novelty was it was built on sponge, not bun.  Still delicious and those caramelised almonds - yummy!

Back to camp where I had a nap in the hall, read my book and then meandered down to the pool for a refreshing afternoon swim before returning to camp to read some more.

Rounded out the day with dinner (pasta) and a scrummy trifle, before finishing off with cheese and crackers served by the one and only Phoebe from BQ - Russell they are getting their money’s worth out of her this year.  But I do miss Barb!

So Phoebe, you can now sleep tonight because I’ve written my blog - good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment