Wednesday 17 August 2011

Variety is the spice of life!

Well I've always been the type of person who gets bored with the same old same old. So life for me is about injecting some variety.

Last night I played netball for the first time in about 16 years. It was a bit like riding a bike - I never really forgot how to do it. I was of course a little rusty. I had to adjust my three feet a little to suit the umpire and get the balance right on my one leg (and boy am I feeling that calf this morning).

Nevertheless, I had fun. The one thing I had forgotten was how hard you work playing netball. By half time I was drenched with sweat and even by the first few centre passes I was breathing hard.

Backed it up this morning with a brisk early bike ride with my husband. Bren let me set the pace (thankfully) - the legs are only a little stiff from last night. Again, I love a bit of variety, and it was a great opportunity to try out a few bike paths we hadn't used before. As I hit these new trails I couldn't help but feel a sense of pride working for BCC - they've come a long way in making Brisbane an active and healthy community by developing some great bikeways networks.

I was particularly impressed with the new bikeway connecting Wynnum Rd to Minnippi parklands - there was a pristine new path where, 18 months ago,it was a poorly sealed road. Lots of little pathways yet to explore!

Following this up with a Zumba fitness class tonight - think most of my muscles will have had some form of workout over the public holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment